HEALTHY CHOCOLATE BARK
If you're anything like me and crave chocolate on the daily, then this recipe is for you!
I discovered Honey Mama's Paleo honey-cocoa bars over a year ago and they are pretty spendy, about $4-5 a package, but they are super good!
While at the PSU Farmer's Market last week buying a package of Honey Mama's with my stepmom, she told me she used to coconut cocoa bars years ago. I guess I've been hiding under a rock, because I'd never heard of mixing coconut oil, cocoa and honey to make healthy chocolate bars!
This recipe is super easy to make, delicious and gives you the sweet tooth fix without trigger you to over indulge. A few pieces and you are completely satisfied, as it should be.
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 Tbs. cinnamon
- pinch of salt (Himalayan or sea salt)
- Grab a sauce pan and heat coconut oil on low heat until it is melted and completely clear.
- Then add all other ingredients and stir well into pan on low, allowing for honey to completely melt (stir for 1 minute).
- Grab a cookie sheet and cover with parchment paper or foil and pour the ingredients onto sheet so that it covers pan with a thin layer of chocolate.
- Immediately put pan in fridge and let it chill uncovered for 2-3 hours.
- Take pan out and break up chocolate into small bark pieces and finish off with a light sprinkle of cinnamon and Himalayan or sea salt.